Blue Cheese (Roquefort), Biltong & Port Poached Pear Salad
Whether paired with lunch, dinner, or simply looking for something delicious to nibble on, this wonderful summer salad takes healthy, wholesome and delightful tastes to a whole new dimension of flavor. Buckle in and get your healthy snacking on with MBT.
For all the world’s salad haters out there, we’ve got a fantastic new recipe to turn your frown all the way round. The addition of Made by True’s brilliant biltong slices or succulent slab shavings not only packs the protein, but elevates flavor through the roof. So, salads aren’t always the most exciting item on the menu, we know, but prepare for all that to change with our decadent blue cheese, biltong and port poached pear version. Super quick and tasty beyond belief as well as high in protein, health benefits and completely hassle free – what more could you possibly ask for? The deep, rich umami flavor of MBT’s biltong lends itself perfectly to a whole host of truly great and versatile recipes. Sprinkle, serve and enjoy your favorite new succulent salad, Made by True-ers. Voila! Drop the mic and pick up the salad fork.
From plate to palate, delight your senses with this majestic salad!
|Prep Time:||No real prep needed|
|Cook Time:||10 min to assemble salad|
- 8 oz good quality creamy mild Roquefort cheese
- 3 oz Made by True sliced biltong
- 1 packet of fresh salad greens
- 1 fresh cucumber
- 7 oz Rosa tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3.5 oz sesame or sunflower seeds
- 7 fl oz good quality port/sherry
- 2 fresh pears
- 2 oz honey
- 3.5 fl oz olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Thoroughly rinse and dry the salad greens.
- Slice the cucumber, tomato and red onion according to your size preference.
- Toss the salad greens and sliced ingredients in a medium sized salad bowl.
- Season to taste.
- Gently (and generously) crumble the Roquefort cheese over the salad mixture.
- Top the salad with Made by True’s biltong slices.
- Gently toss the salad mix again.
- Generously add the port poached pears.
- Sprinkle the sesame/sunflower seeds over the salad.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the salad seasoning over to taste.
SALAD DRESSING METHOD
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and honey until thoroughly mixed, then decant it into a glass container.
PORT POACHED PEAR METHOD
- Combine the port and honey in a saucepan.
- Stir the mixture and bring it to a slow simmer.
- Slice the pears into wedges and remove the seeds.
- Add the pears to the simmering liquid and reduce it for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pears from the liquid and allow it to drain and cool. Simmer the remaining liquid for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and cool, then add the pears and refrigerate until using.