BLT Sandwich with Biltong
An absolutely classic take on a tried and true American favorite. This uncomplicated and easy to prepare dish makes our BLT with biltong sandwich an enjoyable anytime snack or a quick, hassle-free and truly unforgettable meal.
When you’re in the mood for a delectable, indulgent, yet easy to make, easier to enjoy anytime treat, then strap yourself in for our BLT & biltong sandwich. Nothing beats the nice, clean, classic taste combination of bacon, lettuce and tomato on quality bread or ciabatta – with the added protein boost of MBT’s robust and heaven-sent biltong (now conveniently available in 5 terrific pre-sliced flavors). You’ll foolishly start off making just one, then realize (somewhere around your second-to-last bite) that you needed to double up on the recipe to fill that sudden craving for just. One. More. Ideal as a solo snack, this recipe is so convenient and so utterly delish that you can also make it for family and friends as a light, luminous and lip-smacking lunch. Created with summer, spring and sunny days in mind, enjoy our BLT&B sandwich FTW
Improve on a timeless classic. Biltong meets BLT: buon appetito!
|Prep Time:||10 min|
|Cook Time:||5 min to prepare bacon|
- 3 slices of whole-wheat bread or ciabatta
- 1 large tomato
- salt and pepper
- garlic and herb spread
- 3 leaves of lettuce (a mix of greens works best)
- 3 slices of crispy fried back bacon
- 2 oz of Made by True biltong slices
- 2 slices of gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Butter the bread slices.
- Crisply fry the back bacon and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Spread the mayonnaise evenly on 2 slices of bread and generously add the garlic and herb spread to the 3rd slice.
- Place the 1st slice (with mayonnaise) on a plate and top it with the lettuce leaves and sliced tomato.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the slices of crispy bacon.
- Top it with the 3rd slice (containing the garlic and herb spread).
- Place the gruyere cheese on the centre slice and then evenly layer with some heavenly Made by True biltong slices.
- Top the sandwich with the final slice of bread (containing mayonnaise).
- Grab it with both hands and enjoy.