Biltong & Pickled Habanero Nachos
Nacho average dish, this ideal cocktail party treat comes in many variations, but none dreamier than when adding Made by True’s tantalizing biltong slices to the mix. It’s easy to prepare and terrific to feast on, so get ready to be delighted (and delight your guests in turn).
Know what goes down a storm on home movie nights (or on cold weather days)? This mouth watering recipe we cooked up in the MBT kitchen to share just with you. Not only is biltong the perfect snack to enjoy straight out of the bag on its perfectly balanced own, it also pairs well with a legion of other ingredients to create recipes that will expand your mind (not to mention your taste buds)! Our biltong and pickled habanero nachos dish is no exception – in fact, it’s exceptionally addictive. One bite and you won’t want the party to end. Filled with boatloads of tasty elements, this spicy recipe is a sure-fire, spitfire champion to be enjoyed as an indulgent snack. Either way, hunger is nacho problem anymore.
You can’t say no to this cunningly crafted combo of bold biltong and nachos.
|Prep Time:||Approx. 45 min|
- 8 oz Made by True biltong slices
- 1 packet of plain or flavored tortilla chips
- 1.5 lb lean ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp mild chili powder
- 2.5 oz thinly sliced, pickled habanero chilies
- 1 cup grated, mature cheddar cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Fry the onions and add the ground beef.
- Braise until browned.
- Add chili powder, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and dried thyme.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Add the chopped cilantro and pickled habanero chilies.
- In an ovenproof casserole dish, layer the ground beef mix, tortilla chips and cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 360°F.
- Remove from the oven.
- Top with Made by True biltong and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Grill for 2 minutes.
- Bring your appetite and dig in.