Biltong & Couscous Comfort Stack Salad with Spinach and Ranch Style Dressing
When it comes to scrumptious recipes, few words are more enticing than healthy, wholesome and comfort food. Surprised that they perfectly describe a truly special new salad? Well, don’t be, folks, as MBT proudly presents our latest culinary creation fit for any occasion.
Scrumptious salads are a perennial favourite, especially in summer. They’re usually quick, versatile and inexpensive to create, saving you time, hassle and hard-earned bucks.
Known for their fresh components and how well they seamlessly harmonize they should also appeal to the eye. The best examples of these culinary creations provide texture, crunch and surprising bursts of flavor not only via their dressing, but from individual ingredients that shine through. Do we have a doozy for you, dreamt up in the MBT kitchen. With a delicious mix of colors, textures and flavors in the form of spinach, couscous and ranch style dressing, the sheer awesomeness of our featured salad is about to go through the roof. Thanks to a taste explosion that goes bang when adding Made by True’s pre-sliced biltong to the mix (currently available in 5 truly epic flavors), this recipe’s simply the gastronomic bomb! Then all’s good on the home front, Made by True-ers, ’cause you’ve found the perfect recipe. Get ready for salad elation.
The perfect biltong-boosted addition to any beautiful meal.
|Prep Time:||40 minutes|
|Cook Time:||25 minutes|
- 2 oz Made by True sliced beef biltong (for your taste selection, see our sliced biltong’s flavor variety here)
- 9 oz baby spinach leaves
- 2 oz fresh rocket leaves
- 7 oz diced butternut
- 9 oz whole-wheat couscous
- 3.5 oz butter
- 3.5 oz pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado
- the juice from ½ a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz buttermilk
- 2 tbsp full cream Greek yoghurt
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- ½ a red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Set aside and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Preboil the diced butternut for approximately 5 minutes until a fork easily penetrates it, then drain and cool.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray and roast at 360°F for 15 minutes. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Bring a cup of water to the boil, add the couscous and stir evenly. Steam it for 1 minute.
- Remove the couscous from the heat and mix it through with the butter.
- Finely chop the rocket leaves and add it to the couscous.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Spoon the couscous mix evenly onto a flatly surfaced salad platter and top it with baby spinach leaves.
- Roll the diced roasted butternut in pumpkin seeds and spread it over the greens.
- Dice the avocado and toss in the remaining half a lemon’s squeezed juice before adding a generous amount of ground pepper.
- Spread the avocado evenly over the salad.
- Generously sprinkle the beef biltong slices on top.
- Add ground salt.
- Use ranch dressing to taste.